FINALLY!!! I am blogging about my little girl’s nursery. I intended on photographing the nursery and blogging about it before Zoe was born, but I just never got around to it. And before we knew it, Zoe was here and I was recovering from a C-section. Now that I’m almost 100% back to my old self, I got my act together, photographed the Zoe’s nursery and am posting for all to see!
My husband and I came up with the monster theme prior to knowing the gender of our baby. Once we knew the gender, I got this crazy idea that I wanted the nursery to be aqua, teal and purple with an emphasis on bright, vibrant colors. I wanted something modern, but still cute and fun.
The driving force behind our decor for the nursery is the fabulous Emily of Blue Star Ink, LLC. Emily makes these GREAT plush dolls called Fuzzies. I knew I wanted one for my little girl and that is where the conversation began….At the end of it all, Emily created our mobile, both Fuzzies, Zoe’s Ni-Ni and all the illustrations for the nursery. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what Emily created for our nursery and think she is simply the bomb!
Here’s a run down of the nursery and where things came from:
1) Crib: Babies R Us
2) Changing Table & Dresser: Hand-me downs that were refinished by Booth 121; Knobs from Target and Anthropologie
3) Glider: Buy, Buy Baby
4) Rug: Land of Nod
5) Bedding & Changing Pad Cover: Modified Tot
6) Book Shelves: Custom Made by Grandpa Bob
7) Curtains: Custom Made by Grandma Marie
8) Magenta Ottoman, Teal Lamp: Target
9) White Shelf: IKEA
10) Multi-Colored Storage Baskets: Land of Nod
11) Mobile: Blue Star Ink LLC
12) Illustrations: Blue Star Ink LLC; Framing by Hobby Lobby
13) Fuzzies & Ni-Ni: Blue Star Ink
14) Monster Diaper Caddy: NikJ Designs