I’ll be the first to admit that when I started in photography, I wanted nothing to do with prints. I was more than happy to send my clients on their merry way with a CD of images from the session. I didn’t understand the difference between the pro vendors and Walgreens. I just thought they were more expensive versions of the same thing. Oh, HOW WRONG I WAS! I take great pride in what I do. I deliver only the BEST images to my clients and quite honestly I cringe thinking that one of my gorgeous images might be hanging on someone’s wall on a glossy 8 X 10 from Walgreens or Walmart.
I’ve recently had the pleasure of ordering some prints for several clients. I can’t even begin to tell you HOW gorgeous these prints are! Now I understand WHY professional prints are so much better than what you can get at your local Walgreens or Walmart. And, if you are planning to hang one of my images on your wall for all the world to see, then you definitely SHOULD NOT EVER print those at Walgreens or Walmart.
I tell every one of clients now – if you are ordering large, go through a professional print vendor. If you are planning to hang some 4 X 6 prints on your refrigerator or at your desk at work, be economical and print wherever you like. Be smart about your investment. You invested in me and the high quality I deliver. So when you go to hang something on your wall, take the same care in choosing your prints. You will not regret it and everyone who sees that print will OOOOOH and AHHHHH over it. I guarantee it!
Since my current pricing structure doesn’t enforce print purchasing, I wanted to come up with a way to introduce my clients to the amazing quality of a professional print vendor. (Hint, Hint: Pricing will change on 12/1/2010) And what better way to do it, then to GIVE AWAY a gorgeous 11 X 14 image each month through the end of 2010.
Here’s how it works.
1) Each month, I will select 1 image from each session I photograph.
2) I will post those images on Facebook in an album where people can ‘vote’ on each image by clicking the ‘Like’ link below the image.
3) The image with the most ‘Likes’ at the end of a 1 week period will win an 11 X 14 image of their choice from their session.
Here’s what YOU need to do:
1) Tell all your family and friends to come out to Facebook and VOTE on their favorite image.
2) First, LIKE the Marmalade Skies Photography Fan Page on Facebook!
3) Second, VOTE and share the link with your friends and family!
4) You can vote on as many images as you’d like, but you may not vote or like the same image more than once.
The First contest will begin on Monday July 5th and will end at 8pm CST on Monday July 12th!
If you are interested in a fall family portrait session, engagement session, senior portraits or whatever, contact me today! I am getting married on October 2nd and will have limited availability at the end of Sept, beginning of Oct. Sessions will fill fast, so I am urging people to book in advance! It’s never too early to start thinking about family Christmas cards and portraits to hand out to the grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins, etc….